About the Bounty
Create an open source mobile app or website that's focused on showing the transaction history of a person's wallet in an easy and understandable way.
🚨 Problem (User Story)
I want to see at a glance all the transactions I've done in the past, but all the explorers are confusing to read and take a lot of time to decypher all the token movements for each. It's basically impossible for me to look up a transaction that my friend sent to me a few months ago.
It’s critical for me to know where I spent and received money from. This lets me have an easy overview of my on-chain spending habits, as well as my income streams. If I need to find a specific transaction, I have to dig and search through dApps and explorers. I tried keeping track of transactions in a separate Excel, but that’s error prone and cumbersome. I need to find about 5 historical transactions a day, and being able to search for a specific wallet or program would make my life a lot easier.
📍 Current State
Most wallets such as Phantom, Solflare (desktop), Glow and Ultimate display a somewhat parsed history of transactions. Roughly 30-40% of transactions are parsed at all, and there's no extra functionality besides just scrolling down into the past. None of them have any kind of search, and loading the transactions takes a while, and they barely load more than a few ones into the past.
💡 Proposed Solution
The Solana ecosystem can benefit from a platform (mobile app/dApp) where people can explore their transaction history with ease and understand each at a quick glance.
- Fully parsed transaction history. Meaning the user should see “Purchased Bubble #69 on Magic Eden” or similar, instead of “Magic Eden program +1 Bubble #69 -0.10453 SOL”. Each transaction should be easy to understand at a glance.
- Search through the full history. People should be able to search and filter for wallet addresses, amounts sent or received, specific tokens, programs interacted with, etc.
- Being able to see any arbitrary wallet’s history (explorer style).
- (Optional) .sol domain support, resolving wallets and displaying domain names by default in the UI.
- See Helius’ parsed transaction types: https://docs.helius.xyz/api-reference/transaction-types, and their parsed transaction API https://docs.helius.xyz/api-reference/enhanced-transactions-api/parsed-transaction-history. Helius access can be provided free of charge.
These screenshots are examples of the current state and a few of the modern banking apps in comparison. As you can see, it takes a lot more to understand the “movements” on the Solana side, while banking apps display a lot cleaner history.
Current Solana Browsers
Modern Banking Apps
As this is a permissioned bounty, there’s a single prize.
🥇 First Prize:
- $4000 USDC
- Membership in Superteam Germany
- Shoutouts on our social media
- Your shipped product is solving the problem outlined above.
- Your dApp works and it’s simple to use.
- All your code must be open source.
- Did you have a kickoff call with Chris?
- Share the final submission on Twitter & tag @SuperteamDE , use the hashtag #SuperteamBounty and submit this link in your bounty application.
- Helius for enhanced on-chain data
- getTransaction RPC API
- Bounty Program FAQ
- For any questions, DM @oyacaro#5769 in our Discord or on telegram
Participation in this bounty is entirely voluntary. Bounties are a way to learn and dabble in opportunities to build in web3. These are neither full time jobs nor project based engagement. Please be advised that the sponsors will not have time for individualized feedback due to the number of entries we receive. Please check out